Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our trip to Delaware

We had a great trip to Delaware and we are all back in FL now! We left on Thursday morning to fly to Philly. This was Cole's first flight, so we were a bit nervous. He was super good on the plane and the flight was uneventful!! Can't ask for more than that. We were so excited to see Chase so we rushed out of the airport and headed to Arlene and Joe's house. Chase came running out to great us and he headed straight for Nick, screaming "DADDY....DADDY!"!! It was cute, but I was like "Hello...what about me!?!?"!! He was really glad to see us and said he was happy that we were all back together. He was hoping Rocksie would be joining us, but I had to tell him that dogs were not allowed on airplanes...only people! :-)

We packed lots of fun stuff into our weekend. I must say Thursday was a great day b/c we had crabs for lunch as soon as we got there and then Mimi's meatballs for dinner. It doesn't get much better than that! I did manage to eat crabs for 4 days in a row...Joe convinced me that it is ok to have them for breakfast so i did that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!! mmmm....they were so good. Having crabs only once per year is just not cutting it for me! After crabs on thurs, we headed over to meet the newest Conte, Reese. She is so beautiful and such a sweetie. I couldn't get enough of her all weekend. I wanted to hold her whenever possible. Matt, Jess and Zachary got to meet Cole for the first time too, so they were excited about that! We exchanged babies the minute we walked in!

We ate lots of good food, hung out with family and friends, and just had a great time altogether! It rained a couple of the days we were there so we didn't make it to the festival every night, but we did go 2 times. The kids were so excited to get on the rides and Chase loved the "Gondola from Venice". On Sunday, we walked in the Procession...Joe Biden was even there although we did not get to see him. We did see a bunch of secret service agents walking the streets and there were many stops due to him being a little ways in front of us! We never did run into him to get our picture taken...maybe next year!

I'll post a few of the pictures and try to email out the rest tomorrow!! There are way too many to pick from! I think I got some pretty good ones. My computer is running super slow tonight...it just took 20 mins to upload these 5 pics! I will add more and blog more tomorrow. I am headed to bed for now!





1 comment:

JESSICA said...

Everytime we post pictures from our visits we end up with identical pics! So funny! We had a great time and can't wait to visit YOU soon.