Monday, August 10, 2009

Is it really August already?!?

I know my lame excuses for not blogging are really getting old. We really have been super busy and our summer is just flying by! We just got back from a trip to see Mom and Darrell at their house in Calabash (their permanent residence...finally)!! Well, I must say I am happy they are a couple of hours closer, but I am sad they are not in VA anymore. Going up for Hokie games just won't be the same now!! We had a great weekend visiting...we went to the pool, beach, outlet mall, the Calabash Creamery (Chase's favorite part), had a cookout to celebrate their move and retirement and even went back to the pool before we left yesteryday morning. It was a weekend packed full of fun stuff!! It went by way too fast and we had to head home before we were ready. The boys were so good in the car yesterday. I was SO proud of them for behaving so well on the long trip!!
Happy Birthday Grandmommy!

We are headed to Orlando this weekend to take the boys to Sea World. I am so excited about this b/c I haven't been there in a long, long time. I really loved that place when I was a kid and I am hoping Chase and Cole love it just as much!! We will see!!

Chase's first day of school is rapidly approaching. He starts 2 weeks from today!! I bought him some new school clothes at the outlet mall this weekend. He already has a backpack so all that is left is a lunchbox! He wants a CARS one...that shouldn't surprise any of you!!

Cole turned 11 months on the 2nd. I am getting things ready for his party next month. The invitations are in and I will be mailing them tomorrow. They are so cute!!! We are really looking forward to his party, and I hope it will be as fun as I think it is going to be. Cole has been walking around as long as we are holding his hand(s)! Pretty soon he is going to let go and be off on his own! It's crazy how fast he is growing up!

2 comments:

Christen said...

Cars lunch box??? If you find one, can you get me one too?

JESSICA said...

I saw a Cars lunchbox at the Disney Store. If you can't find one near you let me know and I will pick it up for you. I can't believe Cole will be 1!!!