Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I am so over the "sick season"!

I am headed to the doctor with Chase yet again. Last week he had the croup and we missed 2 days of work/daycare. Yesterday afternoon Mamma Faye called to let me know he had a fever of 102.6. By the time we got home it was up to 103.2, so I gave him some medicine and things got better. He was a bit fussy at bedtime, and we decided that since he was sick we would give him a treat and let him sleep in our bed. BIG MISTAKE!! It was a very miserable night. He tossed, turned, kicked and even talked in his sleep!! He woke up around 3:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep. So, I got up and took his temp....101.1. I put him in his bed and then tried to get some much needed rest until my alarm went off at 5:10. I was so not wanting to hear that music when it went off!! I went to check on Chase and he was burning up. I didn't even put him through the torture of taking his temp again! So, I called the doc, called work, called Mamma Faye and layed down on the couch. We have a doc appt at 10, and I am hoping to make it into work afterwords. Oh, the drama of being a full time working mom!! Thank goodness my boss is pretty understanding, but it still gets frustrating. The work doesn't end just b/c I am gone!! BUT my baby come first, the work will just have to wait! I am hoping he just has an ear infection or something easy to clear up! He was telling me his ear hurt, but I am not sure you can believe a 2 year old sometimes!! I feel better getting it checked out though. I am definitely ready for the weather to get warm and stay warm. Enough of this up and down business!!

No comments: