I'm not much of a baseball fan and everyone knows Nick loves the Phillies, but I must say we are now going to have to root for the Yankees too! I think it would be hard to be a part of VT and not root for the Yankees at this point. First, they donated $1 million to us after the shootings last April and now they have come to Blacksburg to play a game against our team! How awesome is that?!? I was just reading this article http://www.hokiesports.com/baseball/recaps/20080318aaa.html and I thought it was worth posting about.
I can't imagine how excited everyone on campus was about this. I find it exciting and I live 500+ miles away!! It is just an awesome feeling knowing how much support we have gotten from so many different people and organizations in the wake of the tragedy.I remember thinking last April that we were going to forever be remembered as the school where the worst campus shootings took place, but almost a year later I can see that is not true. We will never forget that day or the people that were lost, but it is nice to see the healing is progressing. So
many amazing things have happened since then and it makes me more proud than ever to be a Hokie!
1 comment:
Wow - those are some amazing pictures - especially the first one. Makes me choke up anytime I think about that tragedy, but I'm glad to see that something good is coming out of it.
Post a Comment