We arrived Friday night after work and checked into our room. It was a bit smaller than we had imagined, but it was cute. We started walking around and found a nice place to eat where we could sit outside and listen to live music. After that we walked up and down some of the streets and then Nick wanted to head over to the Fort. I think this was his favorite thing in town!
That night we took a ghost tour and learned about some of the haunted places in town. It was pretty interesting, but it gave me nightmares that night! Here are some pictures of what we saw. The white things you see in the pictures are Orbs. The tour guide said you could see ghosts in the pictures in the forms of Orbs, Apparitions, or Squiggly Lines. All we saw were orbs, but they were pretty freaky! Especially when i would take 2 pictures of the same thing and in one you could see them and in the next one you couldn't! Very eerie! (Added note: this city is haunted for sure. -Nick)
Saturday morning we got up and had our 3 course breakfast (this was definitely a joke...2 pieces of french toast, 2 slices of bacon and 1 strawberry and a grape!). Not exactly the kind of meal we were expecting!! After that, we took a horse and carriage ride around town and got to see some more sights. We walked around a bit more after that, ate lunch and then headed back to the room to rest. All of the walking around in the 90 degree heat was taking its toll on me! I think I took about a 2 hour nap! After I woke up, it was time to get ready for dinner. We watched the horse race and then headed out to another restaurant where we could sit outside and listen to the music. It was so nice and relaxing. After dinner it was more walking and shopping. We got Chase a cute pirate shirt that I am sure he will like. I even got my picture taken with Michael Jordan!! We got an old timey picture made of us in wedding garb. It is so cute. I wish I could scan and post it, but it is an 8x10! We thought it was a cute way to commemerate our anniversary!
This morning we woke up and had a much better breakfast...spinach quiche, sausage, hashbrowns, and banana bread! We decided we had had enough of the town and were ready to go home. We stopped by the outlet mall and Nick stocked up on some clothes for Father's Day. We came home and just relaxed the rest of the day. We had a wonderful weekend and are sad that it is over! We are definitely ready to see Chase again though. He spent the weekend with Pop Pop and GiGi at their beach house in Panama City. I will be meeting them tomorrow night to pick him up!
1 comment:
WOW - what a fun weekend! I want to go there for a few days after seeing all those pics. I'm glad you guys enjoyed your anniversary - hard to believe it's been 5 years.
Post a Comment