Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I know I am a couple days late, but I hope all of our dads had a wonderful day on Sunday. Our day was pretty low key b/c Cole was sick. He went to the doctor on Friday and they said he had a virus. Well, he got worse over the weekend and I ended up having to take him in on Sunday morning. They discovered that he had developed and ear infection and put him on some antibiotics. So, it was a LONG weekend with a fussy baby, but he is pretty much back to normal now! Thank goodness!! I think Nick enjoyed his day even though we didn't do very much. We grilled steaks and had some sweet potatoes and asparagus to go with it. Then for dessert, Chase picked out a special cake just for his daddy. He was so excited to give it to him and to eat it of course!!

So, I am now all caught up on the blogging!! WOOHOO!! I have to admit that I have been sucked in by Vampire tales and that is what is keeping me off of the computer at night. First, I got hooked on reading the Twilight series of books. They are supposedly for teenagers, but I know a bunch of adults that have read them and loved them. I fought reading them for a long time b/c I thought I was too old, but I am glad I finally gave in b/c I loved them. It took me about 3 weeks to get through all 4 books!! Now, I have moved on to a show called True Blood that is on HBO and the books that the show was created from. Nick and I have been watching at least one episode per night so that has slowed down my computer time!! So, there you have it...the real reason I haven't been blogging! As soon as the kids go to bed and everything is ready for the next day, we are finally getting some time to sit down and watch tv or read!
I will try to post some pictures and videos from swim lessons sometime this weekend. We were supposed to have our last day last Friday, but then Cole got sick!! So, we have to wait until he is all better and off of the antibiotic before we can go back. Ms. Karen is such a great teacher and nice person...she told me to bring them both back once Cole is better and she will give them a week w/ no charge!! Woohoo! By the end of that week, they will be done and good to go!! It's taken a lot longer than I thought due to rain, vacation and sickness, but I definitely think it has been worth it!

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

Let me know when you are ready for the next set of the Sookie Stackhouse books!