Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WOOOHOOO....I did it!!

I really did it! I finished the Gate River Run! 9.3 miles in 1 hour and 49 minutes! I can't even put into words how happy I am about this!! I made it my goal last fall to run in this race...I trained for 14 weeks...and I was easily able to finish the race! I will definitely be running in it again next year. My next goal is going to be a half marathon (13.1 miles). I can't find any until October so I have plenty of time to get prepared! I also plan to work on my speed so i can start closer to the front in next year's River Run. I was so far back this year that it took me 8 minutes to cross the starting line, and then I had to weave in and out of people who were going a little slower. I was a bit sad once the race was over since I had been building it up in my head for so long!! Now at least I have some new goals to work towards, and I need to get signed up for a new race so I have something to look forward to!
Me and Dad before the race
I DID IT!!!!!!
Chase was so excited!My sweet boys!
Dad and Lisa stayed in town to come and watch!!
So happy!
Chase had to have some of the post-race snacks!
Beautiful flowers from Dad and Lisa and an ugly shirt from the run! I'll still wear it proudly no matter what it looks like!

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

Congrats! You look awesome! Keep up the great work!