This is my life in a couple of months!!
We got to Grammy and Grandpa's just in time for lunch and a nap! After we woke up, we headed for the pool. Chase loved it and kept saying "Grammy, I like your pool"!! The water was freezing cold so I did not want to get in!! Nick, mom and Chase all braved it though.When we got back from the pool, Josh and Cameron had arrived. It was great to see them b/c we hadn't seen them since we were in VA last November!! We ordered pizzas and just hung out around the house for the rest of the night. We all had a great time being together.
Saturday was Grammy's birthday and Chase wanted to help her open her presents first thing!
Then he wanted to do a little workout! He was obsessed with taking Grandmommy's weights out of her room and walking around with them!! It was really cute.
Darrell cooked shrimp and crab legs for mom's Birthday dinner. It was so good and we all stuffed ourselves. Mom wanted us to get a family picture so I set up the camera on the tripod and gave it a shot. After a few takes, we had one or two that we liked. Here's one of the best ones.
I can't remember the last time we all had our picture together!! That night after an awesome game of dominoes (which I won by the way!), Josh, Cameron and Grandmommy went out and the rest of us just hung out at home. The weekend was flying by!! We all did our own thing on Sunday...Josh and Cameron headed back to VA, Darrell, Nick and Lanny played golf, Mom, Chase and I went to the pool and Grandmommy rested up from the night before! The pool was still freezing cold, but luckily they had an indoor pool also. We all got in that and then Chase and Grammy got in the "Hot Bath Tub" as Chase liked to call it. He kept asking her to take him in there and he is still talking about it!
Sunday night Nick and I went out to dinner and then played Putt Putt Golf while Grammy and Grandpa spent some time with Chase. It was really nice to have some adult time for a couple of hours!! Once we got home it was time to pack up and get ready to leave the next morning. We were sad to go and Grammy was certainly sad to see us go. We won't see them again until the baby comes. It seems so far away, but it is only 14 weeks (hopefully sooner)!! We had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everyone. We made it home around 4 pm and still had some time to get some things done around the house. Matt, Jessica and Zachary are arriving on Friday so we are trying to get everything straightened up and looking good!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great weekend with your family. I am so glad you were able to stop by and see us. Next time I see you, you will have 2 children. THAT IS CRAZY!!!!
Post a Comment