Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Baby Shower

This past weekend was full of exciting things!! First of all, when I got home on Friday, I was surprised to find Jabar walking out of the garage door in front of Rocksie! So, i walk on into the house and see Arlene and Joe standing in the kitchen! What a wonderful surprise to find them at my house!!! Not to mention I got a big whiff of Mimi's meatballs as I walked in the door!! They also brought subs, pepper shooters, and cannolis!! All of the yummy Delaware food!! MMMM! We enjoyed a little bit of everything for dinner that night, and then they were tired from their trip so they went on to the hotel. Shortly after they left, Missy, Christen, and Caleb arrived. This was the first time Caleb had been to our house! He did really well for being in a strange place and even broke in the new mattress for the baby's crib!! He seemed to like it, so that is good news!

Saturday, Liz and Alyson threw me a baby shower. It was awesome. A bunch of people came and we had a great time. I got tons of things for the baby and spent most of Sunday washing and putting stuff away! Some of my favorite gifts were the wine glass that Tara gave me, the picture that Chase made me, and the picture that Liz took of my belly and had matted so everyone could sign it. Oh and I can't forget the flower pot the my friend Lisa crafted for me (with the help of her sister!)....it was too cute. The girls had planned a diaper raffle, so i got a bunch of packs of diapers, which I will definitely be putting to good use! I had a wonderful time and can't thank the girls enough for such a nice shower. Thanks to everyone that came also and for all of the goodies!

Sunday it was time for everyone to go home. :-( Mimi and Poppy left first thing in the morning and then Missy and Christen headed out around 9:30. We lounged around all morning, and then Nick went to play golf. Chase and I continued to lounge and take a nap for the rest of the afternoon!! Liz came over and wanted to go out to dinner, so we took the kids to Cracker Barrell. Who could resist that?!? I had planned to go to Target and Babies R Us to exchange some things and use my gift cards/money, but I was just too lazy! I did make it to Target at lunch yesterday, but will need to go to Babies R Us this weekned. Things are really coming together now!! I just have a few more things to get and we will be ready for the little guy!! 7 weeks to go!!!!!!!!

Chase and Caleb -aren't they so cute?!?!
Getting in some practice!
Chase made me this adorable painting (Thank you Liz!)
My favorite gift - A new mommy wine glass!
Cute Diaper Cake (Thanks Tara!!)
Alyson, Me and Liz - Thanks girls for the awesome shower!Christen, Missy, and Caleb - We are so glad you guys came down
Joe & Arlene - My Surprise Guests!! What a great surprise!
Chase being silly with the baby bottles

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We had a great time with you guys this weekend. The next time we come it will be to meet the new little guy!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry I had to miss the shower - it looks like the girls did a GREAT job and you got lots of nice stuff. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend :-) YAY!!!