Wednesday, August 27, 2008

39 Week Checkup

Well, I went to the doctor this afternoon and didn't get the news that I was hoping for. Friday is out for being induced! :-( The next day available for induction is September 4th!! I told them to forget it b/c he better be out on his own by then. I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced and the baby is head down and ready to go! So, I am on the internet now looking at natural induction methods. Looks like we will be taking many walks around the neighborhood the next few nights! This little guy needs to hurry on up b/c he is really making me miserable. I think he is very huge b/c he just has no room left and I feel like he is trying to kick his foot out of my side! If my 34 week ultrasound was right, he was 6 pounds way back then!! AHHH!!

On a happier note, Grammy and Grandpa will be arriving tomorrow for a 2 week stay!! We are all so excited for them to get here. The best news of the week is that my last day of work is Friday! WOOHOOOOO!! I am so looking forward to having 12 weeks off. I am just really ready to get out of there. This last week is really stressing me out. I just have to remember that I only have 2 days to go.

Well, send labor inducing thoughts our way for the next few days! I am sure the baby will be arriving on Saturday since it is VT's first football game of the season. If this baby is anything like his daddy, he is going to want to be here to watch it!! :-)

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

I am all ready doing a labor rain dance in your honor. Call us as soon as you go into labor so I can take a rest!

Lisa said...

Come on baby boy - come meet your mommy & daddy...and the rest of us :-) We're so anxious to see you!! I hope you feel better soon...or go into labor soon. I'm jealous - 2 more days of work and then off for 12 weeks - so nice. Keep me posted on the progress.