Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let's Catch Up!

It's been a busy past couple of weeks here in the Conte house. So, let me fill you in on what has been going on with the 4 C's! I will start with the littlest C and work up from there!

Cole
Last week was a big week for our little guy...he started going to Mamma Faye's. He was eased into it by going only 2 days since she was closed Wed-Fri for the holiday. He did really well, and she said he was a very good boy. Chase asked her how long Cole would be staying, but that was about all he had to say about it! He's been doing great all around and is a sweet, happy baby. Most of the time anyway...today he has been a bit crazy, but I am thinking he may be hitting his 12 week growth spurt. Let's see, what else has he been doing...he can hold his head up pretty good now, he loves to lay on his little mat and look up at the star toy hanging from the top, and he loves his swing! He has adjusted well to his bedtime routine. We have been giving him a bath with Chase around 7:45 and he is in bed by 8 and sleeping through the night! He still fusses a bit when he goes down, but that is getting less and less by the day. He is growing like crazy and is already fitting into his 6 month clothes and I think he will probably be out of them in another month or so!! He goes for his 4 month checkup on January 15, so I won't find out his stats until then!
Chase
How can I even begin to write about Chase in just one paragraph?!? He is so smart, funny and crazy at the same time. He is just like a sponge right now...taking everything in. Mimi got him a United States puzzle and he can tell you pretty much all of the states and where they go on the map, he loves space and the solar system, and he LOVES to read books. We are so amazed by him every day. He is also into singing and dancing. His new favorite song is "Brick House" (yes, that Brick House)!! It is so funny to hear him sing it! Nick has been taking him to daycare in the mornings and they have been listening to Pure Funk, so Chase is learning all kinds of disco songs!! He talks to us like he is an adult and he can definitely carry on a good conversation with you. Today, Nick took him to feed the ducks and he was chatting with a couple of girls, who Nick said were about 10. He was swinging next to them and struck up a conversation, asking if they liked his Nike shirt, telling them about how Rocksie likes to chew stuff, and asking them if they wanted to share his goldfish! What a little flirt alreay!! He has also been a little crazy lately...I guess it is just him being a boy! He wants to be outside at all times and he is really rough! Wants to wrestle, head butt, give noogies, etc!! I have to keep reminding him to be gentle with Cole! He does love Cole and asks to hold him often! He also shares piglet and froggy with him all the time! That's a sure sign that he has accepted the baby b/c Chase LOVES piglet and froggy and won't go to sleep without them! I think he has adjusted pretty well! The only thing that we are discouraged about is the potty training. It seems like we have been working on it forever, and he is still not going all the time. He does really well for Mamma Faye and will go all day without wetting his pull up, but as soon as he gets home he refuses to go and he starts to scream when we try to put him on the potty! Everyone says to be patient and it will happen...so we will see!!
Jenn
Last week was a rough one for me. I had to go back to work after being home with the boys for 12 weeks. I was really sad and didn't want to leave them. I think I cried everytime I looked at Cole or talked to somone about going back to work for a whole week before I even had to go back!! Sunday night when I was putting Chase to bed, I told him that I had to go to work the next morning and he said "I know and you area going to be Very Very Sad!!" Once I got there it wasn't so bad. It is really hard to get back into it after being gone so long! It is really crazy in the evenings once I get home with the boys. We are still trying to get our routine down for that part of the day. It's hard b/c I get home with them at 5 and I want to spend time with them, but I also need to cook and get things ready for the next day!! I am sure we will figure it all, but it is just going to take a while! I'd say things won't be completely normal until after the first of the year. With the holidays coming, things are going to be insane! It's going to be fun though! I do love this time of year and can't wait to enjoy it with my boys! I started decorating the house this morning, and we are planning to get our tree tomorrow afteroon! Chase wants to help me decorate it, so I am really looking forward to that!! We may try to bake some cookies next weekend too! I really need to get started on Christmas shopping! I am way behind in that area!!

Nick
How can I even begin to say how great Nick has been lately, especially this past week. He tried his best to make sure I had a good transistion back to work.. He even brought me some roses home on Monday night. They are so pretty and it was just so thoughtful of him. He has been taking the kids to daycare in the mornings so that I am not so rushed trying to get out of here. It is really working out good. I feed Cole and get him ready before I leave, and then Chase wakes up on his own. Nick gets him ready and they all hang out for a while and then they head out. It really has been helpful to me and lifted a load of stress off me too. It makes me all the more excited to pick up the boys after work since I don't even get to see Chase in the mornings now. Anyway, back to Nick. He has been a huge help around the house too and has been great with the kids. He stayed home with them on Friday since I had to work and I think they had a super fun Daddy, Cole and Chase day! Not sure if you will read this or not Babe, but Thank You so much for everything! You are a wonderful husband and father and I love you very much!

Ok, so now that you know a little about what each one of us is up to, I am going to post some pictures and get off of here for now. Hopefully I can post about our Christmas tree adventure tomorrow, but if not, I will post when I can!!

No comments: