Thursday, February 12, 2009

Such a Big Boy

Chase's 3 year checkup was this morning, and it went great! He is such a grown up little boy now! He was so good for the doctor. He was talking and laughing with her immediately. I just love her. We have been seeing her ever since Cole was born, and she has been great with both of the boys. Good thing I like her since we have to see her so often! Chase goes once a year from now on and Cole is going about every 2 months for his first year! That's a lot of doctor's visits! Luckily Chase did not have to get any shots today...I have a feeling the visit would not have been as pleasant if he would have gotten a shot! :-) He weighed in at 35 lbs. and is 38 inches tall. She checked him all over and said he looks great! Not to brag, but she gave me a sheet with some developmental milestones on it for this year and he has already hit most of them! GO CHASE!! He makes up stories, does a lot of role playing (lately he has been Fred from Scooby Doo), is playing games, recognizing all letters, and counting (he doesn't like to go past 10, but he can get to about 15 if he wants to)!

I told her we were planning on putting him in preschool for the school year that starts this fall. She thought that was a great idea and that he would be more than ready. I have found a nice preschool through a church that offers classes for 3-4 year olds and 4-5 year olds. They run on the same schedule as the public schools so the earliest we can put him in will be this summer for their summer program. Then he will start "school" in August and go through both of their classes before he moves on to Kindergarten at age 5!! Oh my, I can't even think that far ahead!!

I must compliment him on doing so well on the potty!! We've only had 1 accident since he started in the big boy underwear!! WOOOHOOO! Today was a good test for him b/c I brought him to work with me for an hour this morning, and then we headed for the doctor and didn't get to Mamma Faye's until around 9:30. Well, he peed in the potty at my work and at the doctor's office and didn't have any accidents while we were out!! He is doing so good and I am so proud of him. He's such a big boy these days!

No comments: