Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What a Great Weekend


Mom and Darrell were in town this past weekend, and we had such a great time! We didn't do too much, but it was nice to get to spend some time together! It rained all day Saturday so we just hung out around the house. There's never a lack of entertainment with Chase around! He's just as crazy as ever...dancing, singing, running around and wanting to play cars and games! He was loving showing off for Grammy and Grandpa. Cole was happy as could be also. He loves to be held and of course everyone loves to hold him! He's a bit of a spit up factory though so you have to keep a towel handy at all times!

Sunday was my favorite day b/c mom, Chase, Cole and I went shopping. I got a lot done since she was handling the kids while we are at Kohl's! We also went to Target and then on to Moe's for lunch. All of us love some mexican food (well, minus Cole b/c he is not so fond of beans! He is a super fussy mess every time that I eat them....so they are off limits until I am done nursing him)! While we were out shopping, the guys were golfing...big surprise! Nick loves when Darrell comes to town b/c it's a free pass for him to get out and golf! He knows I will never say no when they are in town!! That night they watched the kids for us and we went out to PF Changs. It was so good and we had a nice time together! We haven't been out to dinner alone in quite a while!!

I had to work on Monday, but everyone else stayed home for the holiday (no fair)! I did manage to get off at 3pm so at least I had a little extra time to spend at home! They managed to have fun withouth me of course! They made a "winter retreat" aka gingerbread house that Chase thought was pretty cool! The power apparently went out for a couple of hours too so I am glad that I missed that. Not sure what happened...of course my first thought was "oh no, did I pay the bill?"!! Yes, I did pay the bill...the power was out for everyone else too!

Anyway, they headed North yesterday moring and of course we were all sad! Chase asked if they could stay forever! He is starting to get sad when people leave which makes me sad too! I told him that we are going to there house in May, and he is so excited about that. He said Grandpa was going to take him fishing, to which he added "I hope I don't get a shark on my hoook! Sharks are scary"!! I assured him that there are no sharks in the pond at Grandpa's house! He cracks me up with the things that he says! Nick asked him his favorite part of the weekend and he said it was when he threw his toys out of the bathtub and Grammy threw them back in! They were certainly having a fun time when Chase was getting a bath on Monday night! All we could hear was laughing and carrying on! Fun times!

This weekend should be pretty low key. We have no plans as of yet. I am just looking forward to Missy, Christen and Caleb coming down next weekned. I cannot wait to see them! Things have been so crazy lately for me and Missy that we barely get to talk on the phone anymore! Before kids we would talk everyday!! Now life is a bit more hectic and there isn't so much time for talking on the phone! That makes our visits together even better b/c we get to catch up and it's just like old times! I can't wait! Oh, and we can't forget about the mud run!! It's that Saturday at 8am and we are looking forward to that too. Well, at least I can say I am since I am just a spectator!!

No comments: